Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Overachiever!

Well. Today, we (the whole school) were chastised for being inconsiderate. As a result, we all have to write a 250-word, 3-paragraph essay explaining how we are inconsiderate and how we can fix it.


Personally? I am bored of writing essays. THEREFORE, I wrote a 350-word poem, instead.

Inconsiderate
(A Poem)


Once upon another time,
On land quite close to here,
An attitude was rampant;
‘Twas like poison in the ear.
Not a person truly cared
For others and their needs.
This gave way to rudeness
And most inconsid’rate deeds.
Not to be a hypocrite,
I must confess that I
Am not the least of these, oh no-
Now, let me tell you why.
Sometimes I am not so prompt,
And on purpose that.
I figure that the mark is mine,
Thus acting like a brat.
You see: the strain is not my own--
I am disrupting class.
The teacher must feel slighted
When we come in late en masse.
Also, here in school, I find
That I can talk too much,
Espec’lly when it’s not allowed…
All things we discuss.
That’s not to mention what I say
When we do converse.
I do say quite thoughtless things--
And that part is worse.
I have a tendency to be
Quite direct and snide.
However, this gets really bad
When influenced by pride.
At home I do the same, ‘tis true;
Unfortunately so.
Also, I don’t tell my parents
All they need to know.
They like to be aware when I
Come home from being out.
However, often I do have
Better things to think about.
And so, I simply just forget
To alert my fam’ly then
And go right on to Facebook--
Inconsiderate again!
All in all, my problem lies
In my communication.
I need to be more diligent
In interpers’nal relation.
Added to that one concern
Of a timely arrival,
With it all I am assured
A considerate survival.
I know not the issues
That my fellow students face.
I know not the sins
That make them all red in the face.
However, I do understand
The root cause of it all:
A thoughtless, selfish attitude
Where others seem so small.
When we accept that people are
Worth just as much as we,
Our actions and our thoughts
Will much better be.

TADA!


Katie

PS- props if you catch the Hamlet reference :P

0 comments: