Sunday, May 16, 2010

liveblogging the junior thesis!

I am about to begin reading through my junior thesis. I have edited it and edited it. Now, after stepping back and creating the works cited/bibliography, I am actually going to read it all the way through. I want you to understand that I have NEVER done that. Not for any paper, ever. This is a milestone for me, guys... I'm getting choked up! (just kidding)

10:12- I am about to embark on a perilous, ne'er attempted journey. Wish me luck.
I am so lucky to have found that quote last summer. It was so random; I wasn't even thinking about the junior thesis.
10:13- David was right. Value=/=Beauty. Sigh. but it's so nicely alliterative. I couldn't think of that word. I had to google it. Alliterative, I mean. I'm tired.
10:15- I used "beauty" in every single sentence of the 2nd paragraph. sometimes twice.
10:16- taking out "however" in a sentence opener really makes the sentence seem more bold.
10:19- AAH!! I forgot to cite any of my internet sources! AAH!
10:30- I don't want to do this. My dad just offered to do it for me. I'm tempted.
I forgot to cite that poem. I don't feel like doing it now. I'm going to delete that sentence. *BWOOP!* done.
10:33- I ought to take my contacts out.
10:36- the way I look right now does not even deserve "death warmed over." It's a whole lot closer to "death defrosted."
I broke into my secret chocolate stash. David said this paper took him 3 hours to read, and I'll bet he was awake.
10:37- the sentence sounds like the action and motivation had lovely features. I meant to say the women who DROVE the action and motivation had lovely features.
10:39- what's the plural of "behalf"? Is it "behalves"? "behalfs"? "behaves"? lol
10:40- MSWord says that "in every regard" does not agree in number. I disagree.
10:44- that section lacks a concluding paragraph. Oh well. I don't want to write one.
10:48- so THERE, Megan! I only use "in a sense" TWICE in the paper. I don't know what you were talking about...
10:50- I am lying for the sake of understand-ability. Nastasya only goes to marry Rogozhin; she doesn't actually marry him. but it's close enough. she lives in his house, for Pete's sake. who is Pete, anyways?
10:54- wow, that part about Myshkin & Nastasya really is confusing, and unnecessary to boot. *delete*
10:55- I hope Mrs B doesn't remember that I copied and pasted like 4 pages of this from an essay I did for her last year.
10:57- I just realized how creepy the Aglaya situation is. Myshkin almost marries his second cousin once removed. Ew. That's like me marrying my dad's cousin. EW. What's weird is that my dad's cousin's girlfriend does look like me... lol
11:04- :) alliteration! "Karenin values simplicity, straightforwardness, and sensibility ... He is duty-driven and direct ..."
11:07- is the word "clearly" too subjective?
11:09- subheadings are a pain in the butt, but I couldn't live without them... too bad MLA websites do not clearly and unanimously specify how to do them.
11:13- after all these years, I cannot spell "exercising" right the first time.
11:23- Facebook break!
11:27- I am a bad girl. I'm not supposed to be on there today. I'm off now.
11:32- I do not like the beginning of my paper. I am liking the paper the further along I get. That isn't good.
11:38- I do not understand what that sentence means. is it bad, or am I just tired? who knows.
11:43- DONE!!! almost exactly 90 minutes after I began... half the time David took. Guess all those edits really did help :P


THANK YOU (in chronological order) to:
Colin, David, Mrs. Bond, Megan, & Rachel! You guys are amazing!!


I will upload the thing as soon as Google Docs returns to functioning.

Katie

2 comments:

David said...

Yes, I believe it is clear clearly is obviously too objective

David said...

and you are quite welcome =)