Monday, May 3, 2010

Perceptions

It's interesting. I was doing some spring cleaning of my Facebook "Boxes" tab. I came to the "Honesty Box" app (people can anonymously answer questions like 'what do you really think of me?') and I found this:

...from a little over a year ago.

Isn't that funny?
I would never see myself as quiet. Not in a million years. In fact, I think I talk altogether too much.

According to some weird theory involving the fact that I am an INTJ adopting characteristics of ESFPs (don't ask), this is because I am nervous, uncomfortable, or stressed.
I do not deny that I do talk even MORE when I am nervous. Reason #1 I should not speak in public: if I'm nervous I tell dumb stories and repeat myself (ESFP... okay, done now).

However, the theory breaks down here: back when I was "quiet" I was uncomfortable. I was diffident and uncomfortable and insecure with myself. Now I feel like I've never been more aware and accepting of who I am and all of my ideas. So I share them. Quite often; too often.

Of course, I didn't see myself as very quiet then either. Of course, the person who sent this (and I know who you are!!! mwahaha*) probably didn't know me very well. Even still... am I quiet?

Katie


*Dear Anonymous,
Grammar quirks will get you into deep, HOT water when you're trying to do things anonymously. So unless you're being really smart here and adopting someone else's (very distinct) style... brush up a little, 'kay?


Next post: how to successfully masquerade on the internet

0 comments: